2023 Teen Writers Fellowship
Fellowship updates, links, forms and surveys will be posted on this website page and updated monthly. Please check this page at least once a week.
A note from Jeffrey:
As we enter the second half of our year-long 2023 Fellowship Program, I ask you all to take stock of what you have accomplished personally so far, as well as the long journey ahead. I hope you find the mentorship aspect is a level of engagement that is unique –because it is super unique. This level of one on one attention on the open market for instance is pricey and frankly not as informative as what you receive at The Muse. Please recognize and be mindful that you were selected among a group of over 20 capable and talented teenagers from all over Eastern VA. Jessica and I want to make certain you are fully engaged moving forward, and attendance is vital to maintaining not only receive our information, but the shared information that forms the comradery among your peers, who represent the essence upon which the Fellowship was founded. Jessica and I are excited to see you flourish, and anything we can do to help guide your experience this summer, fall, and winter, please let us know.
- Everyone should complete their third mentorship meeting by August 10.
- The Advanced Workshop for High School Seniors & Graduated Fellows is Live! This is a free workshop run by Jeff & Jessica, and we would love to see you there this fall.
- The Hampton Road Writers Conference is scheduled for November 9-11! The Fellowship Program requires attendance on Saturday, November 11, but you are welcome to attend all three days with guardian permission. Full conference details have yet to be announced, but once the details are released there will be a meeting covering conference expectations. Please let me know what day you will be attending by Tuesday, July 18th. ( Thank you everyone for sending me your dates! You all rock!)
Assignments and deadlines:
- Submit first draft of your Pitch Package by August 5th! If you do not submit, we cannot guarantee program completion. I am still missing a few submissions.
- Want a full query Critique? Submit your query letter here by August 1st!
- Submit to the HRW conference Contest by September 7! Please follow the guidelines here, but email your submissions to me, not through the website.
- Remind your parents to complete their Surveys! I am still missing a few.
Do you need transportation to classes? Please fill out our transportation form.
Fellows Survey Due June 23: Fellows Survey #1
Parent Survey Due June 23: Parent Survey
Jessica Grace Kelley
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 5714204706
- Email: email@example.com
Our next fellowship class is the READING, on August 10, 2023 with Jeff and Jessica! Family and friends are welcome to attend.