Coronavirus Update: Classes & Events are Online!
The Muse Writers Center’s physical space remains closed to the public during our state's coronavirus restrictions. We hope to assess the situation with an eye to re-opening to the public, depending on the status of vaccinations, with limited hours in the summer of 2021.
But our operations will not come to a halt, and our winter/spring 2021 session is not cancelled!
We have adapted many of our classes to occur online:
- See our class schedule and register for an online class today.
- We are hosting many events, readings, and discussions online!
- At times like these it can be comforting to find strength in community and creativity. Please use our Facebook group, The Writers Reservoir as a way to stay connected with each other.
- This page from the city of Norfolk shows which business are open, closed, or have modified hours.
- This page, created by a 17-year-old in Washington is a valuable tool for seeing the effects of the Coronavirus.
- Please also visit the CDC website for updates on the Coronavirus pandemic.
- In addition, the Norfolk city webpage will contain valuable updates.
We hope everyone will use this time to write and read. We appreciate your patience and support during these challenging times and hope you keep safe and well. As the situation changes, we will update on this page..
The Muse will post information here if there are any delays or closings due to inclement weather. The Muse is on some the highest ground in Ghent and does not experience flooding in our parking lot.