The Muse Will Gradually Re-Open Beginning in June
As people are becoming vaccinated, The Muse Writers Center will begin to gradually re-open its physical space on Tuesdays, beginning June 15. Our summer classes will remain online.
- For the month of June, we will be open on Tuesdays, beginning June 15, from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. for people to use our space to write, meet others, and learn more about The Muse. See our Locations, Hours, & Directions page for more information,
- Our last virtual Happy Hour will be Wednesday, June 16. We will be creating a new virtual/zoom writers meetup that will meet monthly. Stay tuned for more information.
- We will host in-person Happy Hours at Plaza del Sol on Wednesday, June 23 and Wednesday, June 30 from 5-6:30 p.m. See our events page for more information.
- We will update this page at the end of the month, as we expect to expand our open hours and in-person event offerings in July.
- Fully vaccinated people are not required to wear a mask indoors at The Muse.
- If you are not vaccinated, you should wear a mask and observe physical distancing.
- If you are not feeling well, or have been recently exposed to COVID-19, have COVID-19 symptoms, have a fever, respiratory issues, flu-like symptoms, or a change in taste or smell, please don't put others at risk. Visit when you feel well.
- As we all get used to being together again, please be mindful of each other's personal space.
- Hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, and masks will be available to those who wish to use them.
- The Muse has installed an iWave-R air purification system that uses needlepoint bipolar ionization (NPBI) cold plasma technology to sanitize the air, killing viruses, bacteria, and mold.
- We will begin to hold more in-person events, but will continue to offer many events, readings, and discussions online.
- Please continue to connect on our Facebook group, The Writers Reservoir.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
The Muse will post information here if there are any delays or closings due to inclement weather. The Muse is on some the highest ground in Ghent and does not experience flooding in our parking lot.