August 7 @ 4:30 pm EDT - 7:00 pm EDT
- In Person
- The Muse Writers Center
2200 Colonial Ave, Suite #3
Norfolk, VA 23517 United States + Google Map
Mikey at The Muse!
Join The Muse Writers Center and Mikey Mason as he appears live on Saturday, August 7 from 5-7 p.m. as part of his house concert mini-tour for people who love what he does. He can't wait to see old friends, meet new friends, and then hang out afterwards.
Who is Mikey?
If you're reading this, you probably already know Mikey's music, but if not--Mikey’s music is sometimes comedy, sometimes rock, and sometimes geeky. Sometimes it’s all three. But it’s always good. Mikey's 11 albums and 6 EPs feature songs about his lifelong love for fantasy, science fiction, cats, and video and role-playing games. Learn more about him and his music.
- 4:30 p.m.: Doors Open
- 5-7 p.m.: Mikey's Concert
- After the show, Mikey will be available to sell and sign CDs and other merchandise in our library.
- After that, we've reserved a few big tables in the covered patio at Plaza del Sol (our neighboring restaurant) to hang out, eat, and have some drinks. All are welcome (but, your bill is yours).
Are There Tickets?
This is a FREE show.
This is an unticketed event. We have a capacity of 45 people in our auditorium, and seating will be on a first-come, first-seated basis. Fifteen people became sponsors to receive a guaranteed seat (see below), which leaves around 30 seats available.
You can let us know you are coming on Facebook.
Muse Visitor/Safety Information
- Directions and parking.
- Covid/safety/vaccination protocols. We are expecting a full auditorium. We are open for vaccinated, masked attendees. Social distancing may not be possible. Mikey will be performing without a mask.
Will There Be Refreshments Available?
At The Muse, we have sodas, water, coffee, hot chocolate, and tea available by donation. If you would like an alcoholic drink, you are welcome to go to Plaza del Sol and get a to-go cup of margarita, beer, wine, mixed drink, etc. and bring it to our auditorium.
Pass the Hat Donations
Mikey would like to pass the hat for donations during the show that will go to support The Muse's ongoing charitable programs, scholarships, classes, events, and outreach.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
The following people are sponsors of the show, which supports Mikey directly. All sponsors are guaranteed one seat at the show (as long as you arrive on time). The sponsorship deadline was Noon, Friday, August 6.
- Matt & Tracy Jackson (Premiere Sponsor)
- Cris, Jen, & Cameron May
- Michael Kazalski & Donna Monaghan
- Robin Abess
- Elaine Panneton
- Peter Rolaf & Lydia Mullen
- Butch & Bev Allen
- Benjamin Koch
- Ora and DJ McGuire
- Michael Khandelwal
Please note: This class or event is in-person. Please read all our re-opening guidelines and important information before you visit.