Mondays, Aug 8 - Aug 12
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Tuition assistance is available in checkout.
Creative Writing Camp: High School (ages 14-17)
The Muse Youth Summer Camp is a great opportunity for high school level creative writers to have fun with words–both out loud and on paper. During each day of this afternoon camp, we’ll explore a different type of creative writing and expression. Teachers will lead breakout groups with creative exercises, prompts, and readings. Each day will have a different focus:
- Poetry and spoken word with Jeffrey Hecker.
- Fiction with a special emphasis on speculative with Jessica Grace Kelley.
- Writing and illustrating comic books and visual stories with Cory Bland.
- The Art of songwriting with Skye Zentz.
- We’ll have a chance to polish the genre we enjoyed the most during the week, and then share it with our friends and family during the last hour of the camp at 3 p.m. on Friday
Come hone your unique writing voice in a creative and fun atmosphere! Open to high school writers (ages 14-17) of all levels and experience. Light snacks and supplies provided.
All students under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent or legal guardian in order to participate. Please review and complete these forms with your parent or legal guardian:
Please note: This class or event is in-person. Currently, you do not have to show proof of vaccination to attend events or visit our center. But, proof of vaccination is required to attend an in-person class (ages 12 and older). Please read all our re-opening guidelines and important information before you visit.