Monday, July 24 @ 9:00 am EDT - 5:00 pm EDT
Tuition assistance is available in checkout.
1-Day Creative Writing “Camp” for Adults (Mon. July 24)
Note: Completely different June & August Sessions are also available!
Each hour in this fun, day-long, creative writing “camp” for adults, we’ll explore different aspects of writing and the writing life. We’ll write together, and we’ll enjoy 2 camp-wide/keynote sessions and 12 breakout sessions/workshops led by noted teachers and authors to explore craft, professional development, and writerly fun.
The day will conclude with a 5 p.m. Writers Happy Hour, where you can mingle with fellow writers as well as Muse students, teachers, and friends.
Join us and have fun with your words, try something new, and hone your craft–rejuvenating yourself in a guided, friendly, and supportive environment. Light snacks and supplies provided. Bag lunch or lunch on your own. Limited to 20 attendees.
Camp-wide addresses and workshops:
- AM: led by Tim Seibles, former Poet Laureate of Virginia and National Book Award finalist
- PM: The Power of the Subconscious, led by John DeDakis, award-winning novelist and journalist
- Creating Realistic Flawed Characters, led by Mike Krentz
- Facing Your Writing Fears, led by John DeDakis
- The Writer and Social Media, led by Rebecca Tigner
- Capturing Your Story: The Art of Memoir, led by John DeDakis
- A Group World Building Game, led by Christopher De Matteo
- Zentangle Labyrinths, led by Donna Wynn
- Deep Listening for Writers: Interviewing Techniques, led by John DeDakis
- Pop Culture Poetry, led by Bridget Dolan
- The Sci-Fi Short Story, led by Chay Jones
- How to Write a Key Scene, led by John DeDakis
- Solid Submission Practices for Poetry, led by Lisa Kendrick
- Let’s Write a Summer Jam! led by Skye Zentz
Please note: This class or event is in-person. Currently, you do not have to show proof of vaccination to attend events or visit our center. Please read all our re-opening guidelines and important information before you visit.