Friday, August 18 @ 9:00 am EDT - 5:00 pm EDT
Tuition assistance is available in checkout.
1-Day Creative Writing “Camp” for Adults (Fri. Aug. 18)
Note: Completely different June & July Sessions are also available!
Each hour in this fun, day-long, creative writing “camp” for adults, we’ll explore different aspects of writing and the writing life. We’ll write together, and we’ll enjoy 2 camp-wide/keynote sessions and 12 breakout sessions/workshops led by noted teachers and authors to explore craft, professional development, and writerly fun.
The day will conclude with a 5 p.m. Writers Happy Hour, where you can mingle with fellow writers as well as Muse students, teachers, and friends.
Join us and have fun with your words, try something new, and hone your craft–rejuvenating yourself in a guided, friendly, and supportive environment. Light snacks and supplies provided. Bag lunch or lunch on your own. Limited to 20 attendees.
Camp-wide addresses and workshops:
- AM: Morning Prompt Writing (Write Now), led by Alison Schoew
- PM: The Writing Life as Ultimate Ultramarathon, led by Kelly Sokol, novelist, memoirist and Pushcart nominee
- Mastering the Scene: Sneaking in Late, Escaping Early, led by Kelly Sokol
- Documentary Poetry, led by Bridget Dolan
- Prose and Paint: Art and Writing About Your Life to Help Make Sense of it All, led by Lisa Cooper
- Writing Like Water: Adapting the Writing Process to Your Changing Life, led by Kelly Sokol
- Word Game Hour, led by Alison Schoew
- Metaphors Be With You, led by Eddie Dowe
- Finders Keepers: a Mini Found Poetry Session, led by Kindra McDonald
- Writing the Short Film, led by Chay Jones
- Finding Your Voice in Fiction, led by Patrick Dacey
- How Norman French Reshaped Modern English, led by John M. Aguiar
- Sex Please: Writing Blue, led by Patrick Dacey
- Marketing for Writers, led by Sylvia Liu
Please note: This class or event is in-person. Currently, you do not have to show proof of vaccination to attend events or visit our center. Please read all our re-opening guidelines and important information before you visit.