→ Return to the Class Schedule page.
Registration and Cancellation Policies
at The Muse Writers Center
Important General Information
- Pre-registration is required for all classes.
- Registration using our online form is preferred. Just click on the appropriate link under the course description for your desired class to register. If you must register by phone, please call 757-818-9880.
- We reserve the right to refuse registration to any student for any reason.
- By registering for a class, you agree to this page's terms and conditions as well as being placed on the Muse's email list (if you are not already on it) at least through the duration of your class. You can always unsubscribe after your class is over. You also give your consent to allow us to use any class photos or photos or video taken in our center in marketing materials.
- We'll contact you with more information on paying tuition and what you'll need to bring to the first meeting when you register.
- After you submit the registration form, you will receive an email from a real person within two business days (if you do not, please contact the office). In that email, you will receive instructions on paying your tuition (see below).
- Most offerings will be held at The Muse Writers Center in Ghent, 2200 Colonial Ave. Suite #3, Norfolk, VA, 23517. Directions and maps are available.
- Access to a computer and email recommended for all classes.
- Appropriate standards of behavior will be respected during all class sessions, including not interrupting other classes in session, otherwise students are subject to removal from the class with no reimbursement of tuition.
- To ensure the creation of a safe environment for all in which to write and learn, students and teachers will respect the confidentiality of material written by (and personal information about) fellow students and teachers.
- If you have questions about whether a class is right for you, contact us or contact the class' teacher.
- No matter what kind of class you take, you will be a vital part of the class. Attendance and class participation is critical, as you will be helping both yourself and your classmates develop your craft. We do, however, understand that vacations and other scheduling conflicts pop up from time to time, and teachers will try to work with you to catch you up with what you missed.
- We offer classes for kids, ages 7-8, 9-11, and teenagers. Other classes are for adults. Rarely, but in special circumstances, we make exceptions for mature high school upperclassmen, but class teacher, parent, and administrator approval must be obtained in advance.
Payment Information, Tuition Assistance, & Payment Plans
- Credit card users must pay their tuition in full within two days of receiving the registration confirmation email; those paying by check have five business days to mail a check to pay their tuition in full. To make other arrangements, all you have to do is ask. Unless other arrangements are made with the office, there is a possibility that you may be dropped from the class for not following these instructions—though we will attempt to contact you before that happens. Checks should be made payable to The Muse Writers Center.
- If you need tuition assistance, a payment plan, or more time to pay, please ask. Someone will contact you to discuss the tuition assistance program. We will never turn a student away because of money. In exchange for receiving tuition assistance, you will be asked to help us out as a volunteer. More information on tuition assistance is available.
- Returning Muse students receive a tuition discount, which is indicated in the course description.
- When you sign up for a class, you're reserving a spot that prevents another writer from taking that workshop and being counted in the minimum number of enrollments, which sometimes determines whether or not the course will take place. If The Muse Writers Center itself cancels a class, all payments and deposits will be refunded in full.
- The Muse Writers Center cannot provide refunds, transfer payments, or offer makeup sessions for classes missed as a result of illnesses, job losses, scheduling conflicts, emergencies, lack of interest on your part, events beyond anyone's control, or any other reason. Please read the course descriptions carefully before registering for a class.
- If you need to cancel your registration for any reason:
- More than one week prior to the first class meeting: $50 cancellation fee for all multiple-session classes; $25 for one-days
- Less than one week before the first class meeting: $75 cancellation fee for multiple-session classes; no refund for one-days
- 48 hours or less before the first class meeting: No refunds
- We created this refund policy because we severely limit the available spaces per class (usually 8-9 seats), and often have to turn people away due to lack of space.
Contact the office if you have any questions or concerns.
→ Return to the Class Schedule page.